Toshiba screen is black

Closed
Kel_May Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 5, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2015 - May 5, 2015 at 07:16 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 6, 2015 at 08:57 AM
Hello,

So I closed my laptop screen because I was in the kitchen and I was going up to my room, but when I opened it again the screen remained black. The power lights and changing lights are on and I can kind of hear the fan in the background. I tired doing that unplugging and taking out battery thing where you hold down the power button for 60 seconds but it doesn't work! I tried it about five times already. I really need my laptop right now because I have an assessment due tomorrow morning and it's all on there! Please help!

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
May 6, 2015 at 08:57 AM
Hello Kel_May,

The problem you have could be due to the video chip on the motherboard of your laptop. Sometimes, after much of a use and little cooling the North Bridge unsolders itself from the thermic paste therefore the laptop screen doesn't light up. If you can open the laptop and see if the chipset that is next to the processor has gotten unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD