In WhatsApp you can turn off read receipts for text messages, however, you can't deactivate read receipts for voice messages. If you want to listen to an audio message without feeling pressured to respond immediately, here's how to listen to WhatsApp voice messages without sending a read receipt.
How to listen to WhatsApp audio messages privately?
With airplane mode
Our first suggestion is also the easiest method. Once you've received a voice message, first make sure the audio has been downloaded, and then activate airplane mode on your phone. Then you will be able to listen to the vocal message without the sender's knowledge. Since airplane mode cuts your internet connection, WhatsApp will not be able to send a read receipt to the sender.
With a playback app
The second method requires you to download an audio player, such as VLC. You can download WhatsApp for Android and WhatsApp for Mac. This app stores your phone's audio files. Once installed, open the app and go to Folders > WhatsApp > Media > Voice Notes. In this folder you will find all of your WhatsApp voice messages, and if you listen to them from the app the sender will not receive a notification that you have played it.
By forwarding the message
This last method is a perfect work around, but requires some attention for privacy and security concerns. Once you've received a voice message, forward it to someone you trust and then listen to the audio in the new conversation. Afterwards you can easily delete it.
- How to listen to whatsapp voice message without sender knowing
- Whatsapp audio voice changer
- Allow Sound and Music Sharing on TeamViewer
- How To Forward Messages on WhatsApp
- How To Fix Problems with Downloading or Sending Media Files on WhatsApp
- How to send audio in Instagram [solved] > Forum - Instagram
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile