Micro sd card not recognised or detected

Closed
michael - Jul 4, 2015 at 10:56 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 5, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Hello, I was using a class 6 microSD card on my gopro 4 and kept on saying sd error after recording, usually anywhere from 45 second to 4 minutes and would stop recording. I would turn the gopro off and on again to start recording again and would do the same. I was on a family holiday and was the first time using the gopro and was thinking that the gopro was faulty. The card is a 32gb and I pretty much dealt with the problem for about 5 days and continued recording/taking photos. During this time I was able to watch what I had recorded by inserting the microSD card on my tablet. But now the card is not been recognised/ detected by the gopro, tablet or any pc and there's no sign of damage caused to the card. Is there a way to recover the data? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 5, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Standard recovery procedures only work if you can get the card detected by a computer. Some people have reported some success when using a Linux computer to read a failed memory card.

Good luck