Toshiba lapt wont boot or do anything even in safe mode

Closed
MarkInCanada - Aug 3, 2015 at 06:33 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 3, 2015 at 02:36 PM
Hello,

My daughter has a Toshiba laptop. It has window's 8.1 which we hate. I was going to upgrade to Window's 10, but this happened.
She was watching a video on you tube and the screen froze. She restarted the computer and it just stays black. We have tried everything, to re boot it. I have to log in a pass word to get the HDD to start. Normally this takes you to the log on screen. Now the computer wont go there.

I tried to get to the safe mode, but the computer is so slow, it wont even do that.
I am now living in Canada, and we bought the computer in the US, over a year ago.

Is there any options? I don't want to re-boot to original settings,, again... We did that a week ago and had to re-install everything.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 3, 2015 at 02:36 PM
I looks like you had an intermittent hardware failure that has now turned into a full failure. If it's out of warranty then there is not much you can do. A full motherboard replacement probably costs more than buying a new laptop. A local PC repair shop will probably charge you around $100 to do a diagnostic evaluation.

Good Luck