Coreldraw X3 problem - CDR File crashed - lost file

Closed
susanskilin Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 at 11:55 PM
yazuphrain Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015 - Aug 9, 2015 at 03:12 PM
I am having a problem trying to open a CDR file that I think crashed. This is the 2nd time it has happened with different files.

The file still shows up in my external drive but has an icon next to it which it did not have before (a green pencil, like the icon in my program files for CorelDraw X3). When I click on it, it opens up in corel but as a blank page. Did I loose this file or can I some how recover it?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

yazuphrain Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2015
Aug 9, 2015 at 03:12 PM
Do a search on recovery software. Most have trial that you can see if it works.
What size is the file, if its very small then the odds are there nothing in it and your screwed, also try setting the view to simple outline and zooming right! also check the layer manager to see if you have any layers set to invisible.
might be worth sticking the file on here and maybe someone else can get it to open
Corel may have a contents/652-backup backup file on that saved. PM me and I'll try out the PDF Fusion I just got in and see if that opens it
do here https://answers.informer.com/124544/am-having-problem-trying-open-cdr-file-that-think-it-crashed