How do I reset BIOS password?

Closed
tresedahl Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2015 - Aug 18, 2015 at 07:26 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 14, 2015 at 05:11 PM
How can I reset my BIOS password on my Fujitsu 1620A?

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 18, 2015 at 07:37 PM
Well, is it yours? You should have the documentation somewhere! Why do you need to get into the BIOS? Ask your local technician, maybe?
tresedahl Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2015
Oct 13, 2015 at 07:02 PM
My Darling Mark:

I performed a "DOD" hard drive cleanse as I suddenly has a virus and malware, oddly after I had purchased a program from "REIMAGE", which was supposed to clean up some minor problems I was having. Within an hour after downloading their program, I had a virus, I believe called "Minecraft(?)", that had taken over my computer. After they had charged $89.95 for a program advertised for $29.95, they were nowhere to be found. I can't get a return call from them, or the money they over charged me.

BIOS password are not provided, to my knowledge, by any company. BIOS is the brains of most older computers, and newer systems have since been developed despite the fact that BIOS is still used. Without BIOS, the computer gives messages such as, "NO OPERATING SYSTEM" !! There is a way to jump BIOS by opening up the bottom of the PC and "exciting" a couple of wires. Unfortunately, I didn't excite them!

I contacted Fujitsu and they said, "we will be happy to provide a new BIOS setup password to you for $168.00". I'm certain I can purchase another computer for $40 or $50 more, but simply can't afford to right now.

I have contacted "Cisco" whom has purchased Phoenix Technologies (the company who originally patented the BIOS passwords for several/most computers.) I have not yet heard back from Cisco. I contacted what is left of Phoenix Technologies and hit a brick wall!

To my knowledge, despite the fact that I paid nearly $1000 for the particular Laptop I purchased from Fujitsu, there isn't a company (including Fujitsu) who provides their customers with a BIOS password. I assume that's revenue for them, and my tough luck!
I have a file with "ALL" of the documentation, as I am obsessive compulsive about keeping a folder for everything I purchase - even my iron!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri
Blocked Profile
Oct 14, 2015 at 05:02 PM
Well, thank you for allowing me to be your darling!

Have you looked at this documentenation? ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/mainboard-oem-sales/Information/ProductFacts/PF_Recovery_BIOS_e.pdf

Looks like a lot of work! Considering you must take the unit apart, and move a jumper! See below for a location.

Have FUN!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 14, 2015 at 05:09 PM
Dear Mark and Terri,

Perhaps that this may help:

https://ccm.net/faq/1192-lost-bios-password-resetting-the-bios
Blocked Profile
Oct 14, 2015 at 05:11 PM
Rite ON!