Laptop Wont Start. Black Screen. Hummimg Fans

Closed
MikeFrost - Aug 21, 2015 at 01:27 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Aug 21, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Hello,

My Laptop Won't start. it was on then screen timed out. tried turning it back on in vain. only continuous humming of fan and all button lights are on. please help

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Hello MikeFrost,

Since you said that you can hear your fans running but you're unable to see anything on the display of your laptop, I think the problem that you have might be due to the failure of the video chip. Sometimes, after much of a use and less cooling the graphics processor which is responsible for video signal transmission get unsolders, the thermic paste goes away and it gets unsoldered, therefore the screen doesn't show anything. If you possess knowledge of notebooks' hardware you can change the paste yourself by opening the laptop and check if the chipset that is next to the processor has got unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope that I helped you.