Documents Replaced With Program Files?!

Closed
James Bowmer - Aug 24, 2015 at 01:29 PM
jamesbowmer Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2015 - Aug 24, 2015 at 06:30 PM
Interweb,

I recently purchased Honestech's VHS to DVD 7.0 Software. When installing the software I chose to put the program files in my documents not thinking it would disrupt the files already in there. Turns out it wiped out my entire documents and I'm left with the program files from the VHS to DVD Software.

Does anyone know where these documents may be?

I've tried a few document recovery software (Recuva etc.) but it's all a bit complicated for someone with little computer knowledge. I've also tried System Restore to a few days ago but because the Program Files are IN my documents and your documents aren't affected by system restore then I'm a bit stuck.

If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated as I have some important university work on there that I hadn't gotten round to backing up.

All the best

James Bowmer
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 24, 2015 at 02:36 PM
If you erased the files then they should be in the "Recycle Bin". Adding new files to the document folder should not have had that effect. I can't imagine what happened or why you can't find the files.
jamesbowmer Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 at 06:30 PM
I didn't erase the files. When I told the software to put the program files in 'My Documents' it wiped my documents completely (I've looked EVERYWHERE).