Virus on my laptop

Closed
jen - Apr 2, 2009 at 05:28 PM
netty5 Posts 25 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen September 2, 2021 - Apr 3, 2009 at 07:34 AM
Hello, HI I need some help I have expirenced the same problem with the Virus on my laptop I need help to figure out wha to do???? Please help... I also got the System security warning pop up on my computer and it says that I have 38 virus's on my computer blah blah blah I have macafee and it said that there were NO viruses on my computer but this program called LSAS.BLASTER.KEYLOGER. showed up on my computer and pops up all the time and it also made itself an icon on my desktop it says this on the msg ( this worm is trying to send your credit card deatils using internet explorer) I think this is a scam but now I can't get if off my computer do I need to take my laptop in or is there a solution to this problem? It's weird that it asks for your credit card info and I almost gave it to them to just get the worm off my laptop please please please help. I use my laptop every day for school and need to use it
Related:

1 response

netty5 Posts 25 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen September 2, 2021 1,171
Apr 3, 2009 at 07:34 AM
you must never give your credit card or any details about you (name, address, etc).
this is a worm.
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as "default" only
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click "Finish." Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the "Show Results"
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.

if this does not work:
Go to Programs from Start button > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Pick a date to reset your system to that is prior to the date that you got this spyware.