Itunes 8

Closed
kim dallas - Apr 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM
jackoz Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Apr 6, 2009 at 03:41 AM
Hello,
i downloaded itunes 8 as i bought a shuffle and it asked to update the version of itunes i had. i also have an ipod that was working fine with my itunes before i upgraded to 8. when it first starting acting funny the shuffle opened up the itunes library. after the download it wouldn't, the itunes wouldn't even recognize that i had plugged it in. it was saying that it was missing a metadata file but i have since gotten it to recognize the ipod n shuffle and has stopped saying that it is missing the file. i restored the computer back to the point before i upgraded to itunes 8 and still itunes wouldn't open or recognize it. itunes starts to open and import the library.xml but closes down saying there is a problem that made itunes shutdown. it will attempt to open when either of the devices are plugged in now but i cannot get it to open without it shutting down before the program loads. i suspect that there is a conflict with vista or some other software that i may have on the computer. i have since been unable to actually listen to any of my music. i am a music fiend and this is killing me. i am out of answers or solutions anyone please. i have tried to look for itunes 7 maybe that would resolve the conflict but i'm even having a hard time trying to find that, as companies want you to upgrade to their latest software. does anyone have any suggestions, i am desperate. oh i also uninstalled itunes and re-installed it no change still will not load.
Related:

1 response

jackoz Posts 6 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 3
Apr 6, 2009 at 03:41 AM
hi,
try this link to read this article from apple:
https://support.apple.com/