Personal Alternate Email Address Not Working

Closed
Incommunicado - Oct 5, 2015 at 10:58 AM
 Incommunicado - Oct 6, 2015 at 07:41 AM
Hello,
Two weeks ago my personal alternate email address (***@***) stopped working on my Yahoo account for an unknown reason. After trying several times to work through Yahoo's online support, I had no results.
I deleted my Yahoo account and initiated a Gmail account. I have tried to associate that same personal alternate email address with my new Gmail account. I can't get the verification email from Gmail to show up.
Can you help me figure out how to free up my personal alternate email address so I can use it again?
Thanks!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 5, 2015 at 05:28 PM
Respectfully, as out discussion goes on, I am getting more confusing.

If you did not have an alternate e-mail when you created the account, Gmail nor Yahoo, nor any other client can communicate with you to sent you a reset code. Hence, your account is lost forever and within 30 days it will be deleted from the servers.

I suggest that you create a new account ensuring that you remember the password and ensuring you enter a valid alternate.

If you use Gmail, Yahoo or any other free client and don't use the alternate for 30 days or more, that alternate will be deleted.

Good luck
Incommunicado
Oct 6, 2015 at 07:41 AM
Ambucias, I apologize for confusing you. I realize you are only trying to help me, which is so very kind. I'm afraid I might come off as confusing because I am not a super user and I am quite sure I am unfamiliar with the correct terms for some things. I very much appreciate your offer of assistance. Best to you! Incommunicado
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 5, 2015 at 04:22 PM
Who is you personal alternate e-mail address client?
Incommunicado
Oct 5, 2015 at 04:24 PM
Yahoo! I thought it was Register.com but they only have my domain address.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168 > Incommunicado
Oct 5, 2015 at 04:29 PM
You don't seem to remember exactly what is your alternate e-mail address, correct?
Incommunicado
Oct 5, 2015 at 04:54 PM
I did not have one assigned at the time the account stopped working.