Google Maps offers map images as well as satellite photos from around the world and even the routes between different locations. You can also find the postal address of any location available on the service, we'll show you how to do so in this article.
How to find a GPS location on Google Maps?
With the Google Maps Lookup tool, you can quickly determine the approximate postal address of any location on the world map. Just drag the red marker anywhere on the Google Map and the address details (including the latitude & longitude) of that place will display in the pop-up window. In the search field, type the address that you want to find, and click Search (magnifying glass button):
The address that you are looking for will appear to the left of the map. You don't need to know a city's zip code to use Google Maps. When you search for a location that has multiple locations in the world, Google Maps offers you several options. For example, if you type Santiago in the search field, you will get several possible results:
You can also reduce the number of results by limiting the search to the visible geographical area. For example, on the map, zoom in on Madrid and update the search for Santiago. You will see that the number of results has decreased. Once an address is located, a bubble appears on the map itself. If you click Save, the current map is saved and you can check it at any time in the My maps tab. To use this function, you need to have a Google account. Clicking Nearby shows a search field in which you can type any term, such as the name of a restaurant or a category of shops (pizzeria, florist, jewelry, etc.).
When Google Maps finds places or commercial establishments corresponding to your keywords, small colored bubbles containing a letter appear on the map. The coordinates of all of the places found will appear to the left of the map. The latter are also identified by a letter, making it easier to find them on the map.
How to find postal address of my location?
Alternatively you can use the Google Maps Lookup tool and work out the address of any given location. All you need to do is drag and drop the red pin anywhere on Google Map and any known details of the address will appear, and at the very least the latitude and longitude, alongside the Google Street view
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Download offline google maps for pc windows 7
- Fly with flight simulator on Google Earth
- How to Download a Map with Google Maps
- Create a Route with Google Maps
- Display The Scale Bar in Google Maps for Android
- Download a Google Doc: as a PDF, with comments, as word
- Enable Google Sheets right to left editing in Google Drive
- How to use Google Earth flight simulator
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- How to view Google Maps speed cameras: 2021, iPhone, UK
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to change distance unit on Google Maps: km to miles
- How to get Google Docs to read to you: Google text-to-speech
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app