In this article, we will see how to find and change the IP address of your Android device.
What is an IP address?
The IP address is an identification number assigned to each device connected to the Internet. While IP addresses are often associated with computers and laptops, they are also attached to mobile phones. Continue reading to discover how to look up your Android device's IP address.
How to check the IP address of my phone?
To find your phone's IP address, go to Settings, then About device, and finally select Status.
Your phone or tablet's IP address will be displayed with other information, such as the IMEI or Wi-Fi MAC addresses:
Mobile operators and ISPs also provide a so-called public IP address. Your public IP address is (example):
When you connect to a website, your IP address will be displayed on the latter. It is also possible to obtain additional information, such as the port number, the name of your Internet service provider, or your local IP address (specified in the phone settings).
N.B. Some of the above information may or may not be available depending on your Android model.
How to change your IP address on Android?
Changing the IP address of your Android device can be done manually.
- Go to Settings.
- From Wireless & Networks go to the Wi-Fi section.
- Find your WiFi network and then tap and hold. Select Modify network.
- Choose Advanced options.
- Now change DHCP to Static.
- Send PC to PC Messages on a Local Network
- HOW TO SEND MESSAGE ON LAN [solved] > Forum - Network
- Sending msg through ip address > Forum - Network
- How to send Message to Another computer [solved] > Forum - Programming
- Tracking IP address of last facebook login > Forum - Network
- Block calls from unknown numbers: on Android, iPhone
- Manage and organize apps on Android