There is no power going to my hard drive

Closed
tyroth - Apr 6, 2009 at 05:01 PM
Mr. Bishop Posts 27 Registration date Sunday April 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2009 - Apr 7, 2009 at 04:32 PM
Hello,
i was working on a cpu and everything was working fine now all it does is power on all the fans work but there is no power to the hard drive or 3.5,or dvd rom. I had another cpu and all i did was take the hard drive from the other one and the memory and i get the same problem.I even tried diferent hard drives and still the same.
Related:

2 responses

that wide thin cord that connects to your mother board is either not plugged in properly or has gone bad if tat aint the issue it could be the cords coming from the power supply if u dont see any light or hear any movement from either device.
tyroth Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2009
Apr 7, 2009 at 09:03 AM
i get know light or sound from either device,i tried a good flat cable from another cpu that was woking and i get the same problemthere was nothing wrong with the power boxes before.
Mr. Bishop Posts 27 Registration date Sunday April 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2009 5
Apr 7, 2009 at 04:32 PM
its not the power boxes it self but could be the jack from the power supply tat plugs into your hard drive is bad