Macro or help with populating data after inputting

Closed
dkosowicz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 20, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 20, 2015 - Oct 20, 2015 at 02:16 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 20, 2015 at 06:21 PM
I would like to be able to enter information into the sheet shown daily (therefore every day different and new data will be inputted into this main sheet for each of the data columns). I would then like this data to transfer over to another sheet (one sheet for each name shown). I want the data to populate for each day and then create a weekly average, monthly average, quarterly, and so on. I am having a lot of trouble understanding how this can be done and keep populating over and over again after new data is inputted. Help on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 20, 2015 at 04:21 PM
you can do this via macro
you can use macro recorder to get an idea how the macro would look like by recording your actions
dkosowicz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 20, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 20, 2015
Oct 20, 2015 at 04:54 PM
Hi and thank you for your response! I have never used macros before in excel so I am completely lost. Do you have any specific tips on how I can develop this file by any chance?

Thanks
Blocked Profile
Oct 20, 2015 at 06:21 PM
If I may?

If you are not familiar with macros, then just think of them as a MOUSE RECORDER. You press record, and from that click on, the macro records every single click, drag, copy, cut and paste! Do not forget to end the recording!