How To Make an Excel Sheet Equal to Another

Solved/Closed
AML - Oct 23, 2015 at 04:11 PM
 Mark Han - Nov 22, 2016 at 01:08 PM
Hi, I'm new in Excel, and what I'm trying to do is this:
I want to make an entire sheet equal to another, except for one cell, so if I change something in my main sheet the changes are made in all the other sheets automatically, but there is one cell in each sheet that I want to manually enter some data, I'm not sure if that's even possible, but I had to ask :P

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Hi AML,
  • First select all sheets: right-click a sheets tab and choose the option to select all sheets.
  • Exclude your main sheet: left-click main sheets tab while holding the CTRL key (make sure the main sheet isn't the active sheet).
  • Apply formula: Select cell A1 and type: =IF(Main Sheet!A1="","",Main Sheet!A1)
  • Apply formula to rest of the cells: Select cell A1, left-click and hold the bottom right corner of cell A1. Drag it to the right as far as needed. Now drag row 1 down as far as needed.
  • Exclude the one cell: Select the one cell and hit delete to remove the formula.

Now left-click the main sheets tab to cancel sheets group and check to see if you got what you wanted.

Best regards,
Trowa
Thank you TrowaD!! It was quite usefull. And is it possible to do the same thing but including the format of the main sheet?? E.j. If the cells in the main sheet are colored or have borders, can the same format automatically appear in the other sheets??
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Hi AML,

Formula's can't apply format. You would have to use VBA for that.

Best regards,
Trowa
AML > TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Oh :( Ok, well thank you very much for your help Trowa!!! :D
thank you very much. It's powerful skill.