-
mikkelsheeto
Registration date
Wednesday June 1, 2016
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2016
-
Here is what I have going on. I have a spread sheet, across the top are the dates of days that my crew works and the first column is everyone on the crews name. I am trying to create a spread sheet to help me with tracking my planned job observations. If I enter a "C" into a cell, I just want the background of that one cell to change to green so I know the observation was complete. If I enter a "FR" into a cell, I want row's background colour to change to red so that I know this employee has a Follow-up required status. When I complete the follow up and enter in a "FC" later in the persons row, I want to rows background colour to go back normal expect the cell where the FR value is to remain red and where the FC is entered to be blue.

Can anyone help me out?

2 replies

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 11, 2019
Welcome to the show! HEHE!

It is called "conditional Formatting". You set a logic statement, then a "Format".

See here:https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-a-formula-to-apply-conditional-formatting-fed60dfa-1d3f-4e13-9ecb-f1951ff89d7f

Have fun.
Registration date
Wednesday June 1, 2016
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2016

If you're using Excel 2016 and looking to do this, check out our second tip in our tutorial: [REMOVED] called "Highlight cells that contains text". This will make you achieve exactly what you're looking for :) Let me know if it causes any trouble and I'd be happy to help out!