Built new PC. Won't connect to monitor.

Closed
setgamer Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2015 - Oct 24, 2015 at 08:23 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 26, 2015 at 06:10 AM
Hello,
I recently built a new computer (old mb, old graphics card, old cpu, old power supply, old ram, new case and hdd), but it won't connect to the monitor.

I tested to see if the monitor is faulty by connecting it into another computer and the monitor worked fine. After making sure I assembled everything correctly, I did some research and assumed that my mb was faulty so I bought a new mb and set everything up again.

Sure enough, it wouldn't connect to my monitor.

I have tried to connect my monitor with and without my graphics card on both mbs.

I'm pretty lost right now... What do you folks think is the problem?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 26, 2015 at 06:10 AM
Hi Setgamer,

Have you tried another monitor with your PC? You should confirm that your graphic card and motherboard are working properly and that there is s signal coming from the video port. What kind of connection you are using? You are trying to connect the monitor to the graphic card port, right?

Hope this helps

Western Digital Representative