Western digital Hard drive is not detected

Closed
Sudha - Nov 3, 2015 at 04:56 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 3, 2015 at 05:22 AM
Hello,

I have bought a new WD extrenal hard drive ( WDBUZG0010BBK - EESN ) but when i connect it to my laptop ( Win 7 ) it is not being detected. I checked in disk manager , device manager but it is not listing. I tried in different workstation but same issue. Does WD hard drive need any extrenal drives ? or is it defective ?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 3, 2015 at 05:22 AM
Hi Sudha,

I am sorry for any inconveniences caused by your drive. Connecting the drive to the PC should lead to automatic driver installation, just like other USB devices. Since you have tested the device on other PCs, I would suggest you to contact the drive reseller and get some advices. This is not a normal behavior for a brand new WD drive. If it is confirmed that the drive is not running, you should get a replacement. Sadly, these kinds of issues may be related to the manner of maintaining the drive before being sold or some bad transportation.

Hope this helps