Using Command Button to post on another sheet!

Closed
cmedlar Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 4, 2015 - Nov 4, 2015 at 06:43 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Nov 5, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Hi,

So to brief you..I created a database that has a searchable drop down combo box that gives you suggestions as you type. I have my combo box set up so it submits to a cell under a particular heading in the sheet it is on.

From here however I want to be able to have a Command Button that will submit the information entered into a different sheet (which is a form).

After the submission from the Command Button I would like it so next time you hit the command button it will enter the information in the cell below on the other sheet. Such as hit Command button on sheet 1 ---> enters info on sheet 2 cell A1, Hit Command Button a second time on sheet 1 --> enters info on sheet 2 cell A2.

If anyone can help I will be so thankful!

Colin
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Nov 5, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Hi Colin,

This is the code line you are looking for:
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Range("A1").Value

How you use it depends on the type of command button you use (Using form > create module; Using activeX > paste line between the 2 existing ones).

Can you take it from here?

Best regards,
Trowa