I have a problem with my computer. Processor?

Closed
Fox - Apr 9, 2009 at 02:44 PM
kromize Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2009 - Apr 9, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Hello, everyone.
I took the processor out of my computer to install another one and during this I took my video card out (for no reason just for fun) and when I put my new processor in and the video card back in it won't work. Whenever I start the computer the screen just stays blank and when I wiggle the mouse around the screen just stays black. Also whenever I start the computer now it doesn't make the same noise as it used to.
I took the new processor out and put in the old one and it still won't work...

Please help if you have any idea what my problem is.

Thanks

Fox

1 response

kromize Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2009
Apr 9, 2009 at 03:35 PM
First, make sure the monitor is plugged in... Both to the power and the computer(video card). Make sure it's plugged in all the way...

Also, are you sure you put the video card back in correctly, is it in all the way, not too loose? In the same slot it was in? Could be a chance of that doing something. Since it sounds like, from what you describes, that your monitor isn't really getting connection from the card...

Anyways, after you make sure that stuff is right, put he new processor in, take the video card out, and plug you monitor into your default mobo connector and see if that even works. If it does, then put the video card in, plug the monitor in there, and try to get that working...

Another possibility is that your monitor could have just gone out(good timing for that...lol). So, if the above doesn't do anything, than try swapping monitors...