My systems screen flickers

Closed
izundukingsley Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2015 - Dec 2, 2015 at 01:00 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Dec 2, 2015 at 01:50 PM
my laptop screen color flickers when I turn it on,,,it shows some red, blue strip colors...what could be the problem and how could I resolve it. Thank you

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 2, 2015 at 01:50 PM
This could be as simple as the graphics lead to the monitor becoming loose. However, it is more likely to be that the constant flexing of the cable when you open and close the lid has made the cable brittle and the wires are broken. The flickering occurs as the connection is made or not. Heat can also make this effect worse.

If I were you I would get a replacement lead compatible with your laptop, and replace it. This will usually entail removal of the keyboard and screen so as to get at both sides on the lead.

This is not a hard job, but also not one for the feint hearted. Dissaaembling the laptop is harder than the cable replacement. Some laptops require more dis-assembly than others.

Let me know if you need more help with this stating your laptop make and model.