Dell Inspiron 14Z DVD not burning

Closed
Ajay - Dec 3, 2015 at 04:57 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Dec 3, 2015 at 06:53 AM
Hello,
I am not able to burn 8X DVD on my laptop DVD burner. The DVD burner details in device manager are as follows "HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVD+-RW_GU70N". THe register entry does not have upper or lower filters. I have already updated the dvd driver. What could be the issue? I get a error message that the speed of DVD is either too slow or too fast.

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Dec 3, 2015 at 06:53 AM
Hi,

1. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
2. Do you have any third party CD/DVD burning software’s on the computer?

Method 1:

Try to reducing the burn speed and check if it helps:

To change settings for burning a CD or DVD

a. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button in the upper-right corner of the Player.

b. In the Player Library, click the Burn tab.

c.. Click the Burn options button, and then click more burn options.

d.. Make the following changes:

o Burn speed. Reducing the burn speed might correct the problem. This setting applies to all burners that you use with your computer. Hence reduce the burn speed to Medium.

o Apply volume leveling across tracks:

Check this option.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Method 2:

You may Uninstall any third party CD/DVD burning software’s

Uninstall or change a program

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Sometimes, there exists conflict between the burning software’s which will interrupt burning. So, uninstall any burning software that you have on the computer and then try burning CD.