Computer new build need help

Closed
Amiikayla Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 - Dec 6, 2015 at 02:53 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Dec 8, 2015 at 07:38 PM
When I power up the computer there are no beeps, the monitor is blank, and no fans are running. The motherboard is lit up, the graphics card is lit up, the fan on top of the cpu is running. Monitor does not post just completely blank. The fans on the new case came preinstalled but none are working. Any help would be appreciated

Graphics card: MSI GEFORCE GTX 970 GAMING 4GB- both extra 6 and 8 pins powers are connected

MSI 970 GAMING ATX FX MOTHERBOARD AMD FX8350 Processor

ULTRA ROGUE M925 FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 6, 2015 at 06:10 PM
Hi Amiikayla,

There can be several reasons for this...

Firstly, I hope you handled the components with the correct antistatic techniques. Failure to do so can cause your parts to fry as the static is too powerful for the sensitive circuitry in the chips.

Next, have you connected power to everywhere you should. There is often a "square" 4 pin connector that connects to the motherboard by the processor as well as the 24 pin "rectangular connector. Also some graphics cards need a connectoin to the power supply. I know you say you say yours is connected, but Im not conversant with this one - does it need both power sockets connected?

Whilst talking about power supplies, is the power supply you have powerful enough for your needs?

Another thing that causes system fans to not work is that they are not connected, or connected to the wrong place. It is worth checking these. Your motherboard manual will tell you where they should be plugged in.

Something that will cause no beeps is that no speaker is connected to the speaker output on the motherboard. Another thing that can cause this is that the memory is wrong,or incorrectly seated. try reseating the RAM.

Are you sure the processer is supported by the motherboard? It is worth checking this against the motherboard manual.

Good luck. Please let me know how you get on.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues   :o)
Amiikayla Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015
Dec 6, 2015 at 06:53 PM
I bought the parts as a bundle deal on tiger direct. The power next to the cpu on this board is 6 pin and securely plugged in. The graphics card fans are running and the card is lit up. The sound area of the motherboard is also lit up. The preinstalled side and front fans do not work or spin. The only way to power down is to unplug the psu or flip the switch on the back of it. I purchased 2 gb sticks of ram in this bundle and installed them on ports 1 and 3 as per the motherboard instructions. I have checked and rechecked the power, reset, and hard drive pins to make sure they are installed properly, I tried running just 1 stick of ram. Reseated the fan on the cpu, reseated the ram. Tried a different video card, tried a higher power psu. All parts should be compatible though as they were purchased in a bundle with everything needed for a new system build. I took the battery out then put it back in. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I have built many computers in the past and this one has me stumped.The only thing I purchased separately is the EVO 12 cpu cooler to put in place of the stock cooler provided for better cooling.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 7, 2015 at 07:53 AM
I think you have done everything I would do. I would now be looking to see how to send it back and get a replacement.
Dec 8, 2015 at 07:38 PM
I just took a look at this board and found an 8 pin socket by the processor - not a six pin like how you describe it. Are you plugging in the right connector to this socket?