My Doc & My Music gone

Closed
ShadowBlinker Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2009 - Apr 11, 2009 at 02:59 AM
kitkatcho Posts 10 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2009 - Apr 11, 2009 at 05:05 AM
In attempt to free up some space on my laptop, I went to my My Music, My Dowloads, My Documents, and a couple other folder's properties and changed their locations to folders on my external hard drive. Now, after restarting my computer, I can't find any of those folders. I went into the Users through the C drive and they still aren't there. When I open my iTunes it says it can't find the My Music file. So in attempt to get my iTunes open, i created a My Music folder in the same location as the previous. What baffles me is that my iTunes returns the same error. My first guess is that my external loaded on a different drive letter and that the previous My Music folder is still in that location in my computer, but since it can't locate the external location it doesn't appear. I tried to change the drive letter to E (which i'm pretty sure it was) but that drive letter isn't given to me as an option. Help

1 response

kitkatcho Posts 10 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2009 12
Apr 11, 2009 at 05:05 AM
You just have to do a system restore.