The main causes for the occurrence of the above error message are:
• Memory corruption
• Misconfigured Hardware
• Low CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) battery
• Installation of new hardware or software
To resolve the above problem and access the data, you need to follow these actions:
• Uninstall any new software and hardware from your system.
• Check whether the hard drive is connected properly.
• Change the CMOS battery
• Reinstall the operating system in repair mode.
However, if you encounter the same error message even after reinstalling the operating system in repair mode, then you need to reformat and perform a clean reinstall of the operating system. Reinstalling Windows XP operating system will erase all the saved files and folders on the hard disk. For absolute recovery of all lost files and folders after format and operating system reinstall, you should use efficient File Recovery tools. Such recovery applications use high-end scanning algorithms to provide complete and systematic recovery of lost data. These utilities are easy-to-understand tools; they are designed to be interactive with graphical interface and detailed documentation.