Colours for dates that are on 2 & 3 month cycles

Closed
akers - Jan 14, 2016 at 05:15 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 14, 2016 at 07:19 PM
Hello,

In my current role, I have a number of people that I have to assess. I would like to be able to do the below so i can easily identify who is close to the time limit so if anybody could help i would be truly grateful. However all of the people have different start dates for assessing. I have tried to adapt potential formula's but I just can't figure it out.

Im trying to highlight a cell in column A1 if...When any date is entered in cell b1 and it calculates a date 3 or 2 months on in cell c1, i would like the cell in column A when it comes to the start of date in b1 to turn green in the first month, yellow in the second and red in the last month when it uses the current date so it would cycle correctly through the year.

I would be truly grateful if somebody could point me in the correct direction please. Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind Regards

R

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 14, 2016 at 07:19 PM
Ok, what you are looking for is CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Set a formula and set the format of the "EXCEPTION". As for date, just add the number of days to the date, as in the posted examples.

This sets up the day count formula.

This sets up the conditional formatting.

If you need help with the formulas, let us know. We cannot provide you a turn-key solution, but can help! I guess I could provide you a trun key solution, but it would no longer be free, as My HOURLY RATE is $275 (US), or $1500 per 8 hours!

I hope these help.
I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!