My laptop wouldn't boot up

Closed
Tesfayemulu Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday November 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2016 - Jan 27, 2016 at 01:25 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 27, 2016 at 03:52 AM
Hello,

My Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000 laptop has suddenly stopped to boot up remaining with black screen. All lights are on, fans are working. I used this laptop safely for more than five years. I took the laptop to a technician and the technician checked the adapter, battery, hard disk and memory. All are working.
To my surprise, another laptop with the same model of mine has got just the same problem within a week time and brought the laptop to the technician. The technician disassembled the laptops and soldered their graphics cards. Unfortunately, both laptops did not boot up at all.
What kind of a common problem do you guess that would happen on these same products and why? What would you guess the solution will be?
Thank You for your support.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 27, 2016 at 03:52 AM
Hi Tesfayemulu,

Is it possible that you have installed some updates recently? Are you able to at least enter in BIOS or it appears that the laptops do not turn on? Have you been using them connected to the power cable? If there was an electricity issue, it could have damaged both PCs. The damage may have affected the motherboard. It is a good sign that hard drive and RAM are working fine. At least, you will able to save your data. Sadly, it is hard to tell if the motherboard has been heavily damaged. I strongly recommend you to discuss that with the technician.

Hope this helps