Pendrive's files are not visible....may b due to virus

Closed
Rishabh - Feb 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 2, 2016 at 03:55 AM
Hello,

Please tell me the way to sort out this problem.....my pendrive space is occupied.....but not showing any files inside it....i did not make any file or folder invible myself in past ! Tell me wats the issue...and resolve it !!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 2, 2016 at 03:55 AM
Hi Rishabh,

The most important question is if the data on the pendrive is important. If it is not, format the pendrive, update your anti virus software and do a complete PC scan.
If the data is important, confirm that there are no hidden files or folders. Use the attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* command from the Command Prompt replacing g with your pendrive’s drive letter. Try the device on another PC. Have a look at this article, because it contains some good suggestions:
https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/9871-unable-to-see-files-and-folders-in-pen-drive/

Hope this helps