Headphones problem

Closed
MuteKiller Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2016 - Feb 4, 2016 at 03:09 PM
dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 - Feb 8, 2016 at 05:43 PM
Hi there! I need help with my headphones...i kinda done f up. I'm on Pc-windows 8 so there is this little option that you can disable like headphones or your monitor...so me like a dummy disabled my headphones and now i can't get it to work so i come to you guys, i've read most of the answers this website offers but i couldn't get it to work. I've been in Control Panel-Sounds but i can't find my headphone there i guess my pc doesn't recognize them and i'm afraid not to do more damage then i have already done. Now like a side note there is one more problem with my headphones they seem to pick up the sound from games, music and people i'm talking on skype or teamspeak seem to hear whatever i'm playing or listening.I do hope there is a solution.Thanks for reading my question!

1 response

dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
Feb 4, 2016 at 04:01 PM
Hi MuteKiller,

Why do you think that windows 8 is not able to recognize the headphone, because you are able to get the sound while playing music or making a calls on Skype. Try to plug it on another PC or your friend laptop and let me know what happen.
MuteKiller Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2016
Feb 5, 2016 at 05:34 AM
Is not that the windows doesn't recognize my headphones i think is my PC and my PC not recognizing my headphones and people hearing sounds from my computer are 2 different problems. Sorry for the confusion should have made another topic...but as i said i disabled my headphones from sound setting and i don't know how or where to restore it. How can you send screen shots here? Might help a lot
dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67 > MuteKiller Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2016
Feb 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Yes, you can share URL of hosted image and you can host your image here https://imgur.com/
MuteKiller Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2016
Feb 8, 2016 at 04:01 PM
If you see in the bottom right https://imgur.com/qREge7n there is that option..couldn't get the "Use this divice (disable)" in the screenshot...but that's what i pressed and it wasn't my monitor(LG-TV) it was my headphones and now i can't enable it because if i plug my headphones in nothing appears http://imgur.com/qREge7n...i hope the screenshots work
dannyds Posts 204 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen November 22, 2020 67
Feb 8, 2016 at 05:43 PM
Hi MuteKiller,

I think the below steps may works in your favour :)

1) Right click your speaker icon.
2) Select Playback Devices.
3) If it's not in this list, Right click the background of the list and check off both Show Disabled and Disconnected Items.
4) Right click your device, and enable it.
5) Then set them as default device and default communication device.