Windows XP Desktop In a loop after loading screen

Closed
Clarky - Feb 13, 2016 at 02:14 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 16, 2016 at 07:24 AM
Hello, My windows Xp computer was given to me 2nd hand (which meant it was quite old) when I got it, it had trouble powering up but it still could after a while I started it up and it would load normally util it got to the loading title and then restarted and kept on doing that?It had once powered up normally but now I can't accomplish it.

Please Reply!
Related:

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 13, 2016 at 08:13 PM
Hi Clarkey.

First try booting in Safe Mode. To do this as soon as you turn on keep hitting the [F8] key. The Advanced Boot Menu will appear. With the arrow keys choose "Safe Mode" and hit the enter key. If it boots (dont worry about the really bad graphics) try to restart it. If it doesnt boot in safe mode you will probably need an XP installation disk to repair the installation. However, more diagnostics will be needed - try hitting the [F8] key again when you boot and at the Advanced Boot Menu choose "Disable Automatic Restart" and hit [Enter].You will get a blue screen with a description of the fault. what I need is the first group of numbers usually 10 digits long starting "0x...." and if there is a comment usually on the second line of the blue screen then that can also be helpful.

Let me know what happens and I will then get you through the next stage depending on what you see.
hi, this is Clarky,
thanks for the answer, safe mode doesn't work but I have tried that F8 option "Disable automatic restart" and it says there might be viruses or corrupt hardware and yes it does start with 0x. what must I do now?

Thanks again for the answer!
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 16, 2016 at 07:24 AM
Hi Clarky,

I need the 0x number :^)