Wireless Modem

Closed
Rob - Apr 16, 2009 at 06:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 17, 2009 at 09:14 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine from church had a laptop that kept freezing up on him. After installing Avast anti-virus and checking the computer I found it had a bunch of viruses, some that avast couldnt fix. I re-installed windows XP on his laptop (a Dell Vostro 1500) and now when I try to configure his wireless internet I don't even see a place to create a wireless connection. I checked hardware manager and his modems are listed with a yellow question mark beside them (I assume that means that the hardware isnt configured). I am a strict linux user just moved to windows Vista and know next to nothing about XP. Can someone help me please? If any more information is needed I will be happy to find out and tell you.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Apr 17, 2009 at 09:14 PM
You need to download the missing hardware drivers from Dell on another computer. Go to www.dell.com select support and follow the instructions to enter the PC model number (or service tag). You should download the drivers to a flash drive and then use that drive to install them on the Dell. Good Luck