Bluetooth not working in Dell Inspiron 1525 [Solved/Closed]

-
 Dell1525 -
Hello,
bluetooth device not working in my dell inspiron 1525 laptop. while installing bluetooth drivers for windows vista it is asking me to press fn+f2 key to enable bluetooth but after using fn+f2 key also it is not working. can anybody please help me to resolve this...

9 replies

Hi buddies,

It look hard to do but it isn't. If you do what I say you'll solve your problems with bluetooth at Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7 easily.

a. Download the driver at Dell.com:
- 1. Go to http://www.dell.com.br
- 2. Click on the link "Drivers & Downloads" in the end of the site.
- 3. Select your model ("Laptops", "Inspiron Laptop", "1525") and confirm it.
- 4. Click on Network.
- 5. Download the "Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)"
- 6. Save the file "R140135.exe".

b. Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
- 2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.

Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.

- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish

That is how I solve my problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7. It's working perfectly.

I hope it help you guys.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5711 users have said thank you to us this month

hi I am using dell vostro 1014. I'm having the same problem with my BT. I followed all ur step in last post but after executing BTTray.exe there is no icon in my tray. so pls help me to start my bluetooth
Hi SK,

I didn't wrote anysteps to follow in the previous post.

But I wrote some steps to install BT successfully in post no 29.

Anyway those steps are for DELL INSPIRON 1525.

I don't know whether it works for Vostro 1014 or not.

Anyway Once try the steps in post no 29 if u r using Windows Vista 32 bit OS.

They may help u to some extent.

Have a Nice Day.
Raghu
Hello Raghu,

Sorry I din reply frm a very long time.. I havnt downgraded frm vista to xp. its xp frm d start. n also I din find d patch.pls can u provide me with a link. I hav already uninstalled d driver n now if I try to install d driver I get d same errror sayin "activate bluetooth using....radio button"...help me out.

Regards,
Mithila
Mithila
Hi Mithila,

Here is the activator or patch to re-enable bluetooth in XP

Get it here:

http://support.dell.com/...

Njoyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Raghu
Hey Raghu,
I've to download tat patch which is 153kb no? I downloaded it. but now d application is only 10kb. n once I run it takes me to a new window "Windows-file association". m I goin d rite way? M confused.
pls let me know.

Regards,
Mithila
When you down-grade from Vista to XP, it deactivates Bluetooth. In order to get it back, you need to run this utility Dell provides that enables it again. You can get it here: http://support.dell.com/...

I found this answer over here: http://www.thejackol.com/2007/11/30/dell-inspiron-64001505-bluetooth-not-activating/
thanks you so much, with your help I fix the bluetooth driver problem
thanks so much I didnt have xp but I had the new windows 7 rc and bluetooth hasnt been working for about 7 months or so.
god bless u buddy keep helping people like this.
thnx
That download from Dell worked perfect on Windows 7 --- LOVE IT... Works super good on my Droid!
Thank you Lukas......so great of you. I solved my problem....
try this, u will find ur problem solved, after downloading the file, you will be asked to switch on bluetooth, then click fn+f2 to switch on, you will find wifi on. f2 enables both wifi and bluetooth. now try this with the above information.

http://support.dell.com/...

Release Date: 5/16/2010
Version: 6.2.0.9600, A02
Download Type: Application
File Size: 61 MB
i'm having the same problem as SK.
i have dell insipron 1525 and the bttray.exe isn't showing on my taskbar.
i followed all the steps in post 29 also.
nothing seems to work and WIDCOMM is still asking me to enable bluetooth but I don't know how!
please help!
hello bro
just check your bios settings.
And also check that bluetooth device is installed I your bios setting or not.
if not then check bios software from dell site and download them.
Wow! I've been looking into this on and off for weeks. I have never seen that utility, but bam. I ran it, and the bluetooth light magically went on, didn't even have to reboot or anything! This is great information, thank you!
Wow Amazing... this file was missing from my laptop and so I was not able to activate bluetooth. Thanks Lukas. It did wonder for me.
I downloaded the software but it seems to have a problem and I couldn't install it.
Mine is Dell Inspiron 1545
My system is Windows XP
Mahmoud
This might be beacause of you laptop model. Mine is inspiron 1521.
Lukas
Do you mean that my model doesn't have internal bluetooth ...
Actually I began to believe it.
But a minute ago I logged to the bios and I found that there is a bluetooth an it's enabled.
Mahmoud
No, I mean that you did not managed to install the software because it is not compatible with you laptop.
Lukas
Thank you for reaction agWould you please lead me to the compatible installation
I downloaded bluetooth WIDCOM from Dell official site
But the installation of BT Radio on.
Thanks again for your patience
BLUETOOTH IS ADDED OPTIONAL IN YOUR LAPTOP SO IF YOU TRIED WITH THE DIRVER AND IT DOESN'T WORK YOU WILL NEED AN ADAPTATOR (ABOUT 15 €)
Hi Dude,

I am also using Dell Inspiron 1525.

I don't know whether it works in xp or not.But I should definitely work in Vista since I am using it.

I think u got once Drivers DVD from Company when u purchased ur laptop.

In that I think u know the steps to get into process for Installing Bluetooth 355.

Ok Now I will guide How to Install that ?

1) Click on that Bluetooth 355 driver.Then It will extract some files into c:dell\drivers\140135 and after the
extraction gets completed setup automatically starts.
2) When the setup is going on in some middle of the install, It will show Activate Blutooth Fn+F2 switch
eventhough bluetooth radio is turned on.(Make sure that u turn on bluetooth radio)
3) Now just click on Cancel Installation.
4) Here the actual steps begin for ur Bluetooth Driver Installation.
5) Now go to place where u extracted files ( c:\dell\drivers\140135).
In that folder go to Win32 folder and In that folder u can see the file name "Inst".
Double Click on that Inst file (U will have setup in the same folder but don't click on that).
Now ur driver starts installing and during installation it will show u a pop window to activate bluetooth
using Fn+F2 switch just close that window.
Your Installation will not quit and it continues and shows u at the end of Installation that u have
successfully Installed Bluetooth software.
6) Now restart your system and Njoyyyyy with your Bluetooth.
Dell is stupid, need others to support their stupidity.

Thanks for the steps Raghu, I suppose you're not from Dell support right? - lol
I think u r wrong.

I am not from DELL technical support.

I would also like to say the following one.

I am One of the customers of DELL and I am always able to solve my problem in no longer than 30 mins since DELL offers a Very Good Technical Support.

Have a Nice Day.
Raghu
hello,i also hav tis problem like activate bluetooth using fn+f2 or radio on/off switch...n then I thot of uninstalling bluetooth n then re-installin. n once I click on d setup icon I get d same old error as to activate bluetooth using fn+f2 or radio on/off switch so pls help me out!!
mithila
Hi mithila,

I had already mentioned clearly the steps in before post i.e,, See post no 29.

Just follow that steps in post number 29.

Your Bluetooth will works fine if your one is Inspiron 1525 running windows Vista.

If you are running other than Vista then Let me know it.

Good Luck.

Have a Nice Day.
Hi all,
I have a dell 1520. changed my OS to XP SP3 from Vista. Bluetooth was not getting detected. Installed R159805.EXE from Dell site. And also R140135...
Things are perfect now.
Thanks
GD