bluetooth device not working in my dell inspiron 1525 laptop. while installing bluetooth drivers for windows vista it is asking me to press fn+f2 key to enable bluetooth but after using fn+f2 key also it is not working. can anybody please help me to resolve this...
It look hard to do but it isn't. If you do what I say you'll solve your problems with bluetooth at Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7 easily.
a. Download the driver at Dell.com:
- 1. Go to http://www.dell.com.br - 2. Click on the link "Drivers & Downloads" in the end of the site.
- 3. Select your model ("Laptops", "Inspiron Laptop", "1525") and confirm it.
- 4. Click on Network.
- 5. Download the "Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)"
- 6. Save the file "R140135.exe".
b. Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
- 2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.
Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.
- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish
That is how I solve my problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7. It's working perfectly.
When you down-grade from Vista to XP, it deactivates Bluetooth. In order to get it back, you need to run this utility Dell provides that enables it again. You can get it here: http://support.dell.com/...
try this, u will find ur problem solved, after downloading the file, you will be asked to switch on bluetooth, then click fn+f2 to switch on, you will find wifi on. f2 enables both wifi and bluetooth. now try this with the above information.
i'm having the same problem as SK.
i have dell insipron 1525 and the bttray.exe isn't showing on my taskbar.
i followed all the steps in post 29 also.
nothing seems to work and WIDCOMM is still asking me to enable bluetooth but I don't know how!
Wow! I've been looking into this on and off for weeks. I have never seen that utility, but bam. I ran it, and the bluetooth light magically went on, didn't even have to reboot or anything! This is great information, thank you!