Before we come to the actual solution I would like to tell you why you’re getting this error. Facebook itself supports SSL protocol which is signed by Digital Certificates. You are probably getting Facebook Certificate error because the date on these self-signed Digital Certificates does not match with your system’s date or time. Verify current system date, time and time zone settings.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Press F2 or Delete key repeatedly.
3. Go to Date Time tab and check whether correct date and time is specified. If not, set-up accurate date and time.
4. Save the settings by selecting Exit menu | Save Changes and Exit.
5. Click Start, select Control Panel.
6. Click Clock, Language and Region | Date and Time.
7. In the new dialog, check whether the date & time displayed in Date and Time tab is accurate or not. If it is not click, Change Date and Time button and re-set it.
8. Now click Change Time Zone button. The Time Zone may appear. If it is incorrect please change it.
9. After setting up the new changes, click OK | Close.
10. Re-open Facebook. It shall fix Expired Security Error.