85 or so iexplore processes that play adds?

Closed
rapj777 - Apr 22, 2009 at 09:06 PM
 Ali@s - Apr 22, 2009 at 09:54 PM
Hello, my issue is that when im sitting at my pc not doing anything, sounds and advertisements will play through the speakers. I hit ctrl alt delete to see what is currently running and i dont see any other apps that would play these sounds. Then i checked the processes tab and there's a whole bunch of iexplore (like 85 or so) how do i choose which ones to stop without totally having to restart my pc because of no task bar or background? and how would i fix this from happening again? please help!!! fell free to email me if you have a solution rapj777/at/yahoo.com
Related:

1 response

Hi
Iexplorer or explorer?

are u connected to the I-net when this happens?

Maybe this helps
To kill the tasks from the Command Prompt, open Command Prompt by navigating to Start > All Programs > Accessories and select Command Prompt Alternatively Command Prompt can be opened by typing cmd in Run. (or buttons "windows'+ 'R') After you open Command Prompt, type "tasklist" (without the quotes) for a list of all the running processes. A list will be shown, and following every process name you could see a number, something like 1288. This is the PID number. You will need this to kill the task.

After looking for the process to kill, note down it's PID number (process code) and type "tskill PID Number" without the quotes in Command Prompt. Of course, PID number should be replaced by the actual code. So the command becomes something like this: tskill 1288