May 22, 2016
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
-
I am having a lot of trouble with the keyboard. Many times the key that is hit once will print not one letter, but two or more. I touch them lightly and do not hold the key down. Also, when typing a paragraph and pause for a second, then resume typing, the text will jump up somewhere in the paragraph and not where I was typing. I am an author and this is running me crazy. I have not had this computer very long and it is refurbished. I needed a lot of power and speed, so this was all I could afford. It has 8GB RAM and 1 TB hard Drive.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Greetings Jayne,

Are you talking about a laptop keyboard or a desktop keyboard ?

P.S. What did you teach ?
Registration date
Sunday May 22, 2016
Status
Last seen
May 22, 2016

It is a relatively new Dell Inspiron with 8MB RAM and 1TB Hard drive. After I posted, I tried to answer your question, and all of the keys started typing a different letter than I pressed. I am on another laptop now, an Acer Aspire(I have four). I bought the new one because I am a writer now and also because I have a huge file on Ancestry.com I am working on. Although I taught fifth grade for a couple of years and seventh grade English for three, I spent the rest of my career teaching Gifted and Talented children, mostly in elementary, but three years in middle school. I enjoyed it very much.
As for the Google thing, I am so mad I may just take it off my computer and switch to something else.
PS My book was released on Amazon last September as a Kindle ebook. It is doing pretty well and is ranked 345 in Cozy Mysteries, although it is not a Cozy. It is more like Janet Evanovich and John Grisham mixed together. The title is The Charm Bracelet Murder and it will be free on May 27 only, as it is my birthday!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Hello

Sorry for the late reply, I had to logout.

Concerning your erratic laptop keyboard, it's a frequent issue with laptops due to a circuit problem. Only a qualified technician can repair. You laptop may be still under warranty.

Good luck

P.S. The Charm Bracelet Murder sounds interesting.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!