WD external Hdd 2Tb doesnt work after watching movie on Smart TV

Closed
act_SK - Jun 2, 2016 at 02:37 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 6, 2016 at 03:58 AM
Hello,
Hey guys , I try to decribe my problem my Hdd did sudenly stop working after watching movie on Smart TV LG.. I have a loads of data on it very inportant for me and some bacups from my fiends, Hdd doesnt show up in My computer bur shows up in diskmanager but it doesnt give me option to assign disk letter or something els just delete partition.. data recovery programs i used did get some data but it take a very long time and it gives me just pictures and documents i need some videos and some graphical work i do have there too :( Try instaling Ubuntu but there doesnt show up either :( anyone could help me out ? HDD is WD elements 2TB ... Thanks for your time and any advice

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 3, 2016 at 03:15 AM
Hi Act_SK,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. Sometimes using an external on TVs may cause errors and file corruption. Most of the TVs do not have the function to disconnect the drive before unplugging it which may lead to drive disconnection while still in use. When you connect the drive to a PC, open the Command Prompt and type the commands:

Diskpart
List Disk
Select disc n (n is the number of the drive)
Assign letter =L (or any letter you like and is not in use or reserved)

Trying Linux was a great idea. Have you tried changing the USB cable? If data recovery software does not help you recover all you need and the information is really important, you may need to contact a Data Recovery Company. If you need any assistance searching for one, contact WD:
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=IEFTWp – WD contacts

Hope this helps

tnank you very much i will try your advice and let you know
act_sk > act_sk
Jun 3, 2016 at 07:42 AM
ok it keep comming with message there is no volume specified please specifie volume and try again... and what now ?? :(
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > act_sk
Jun 6, 2016 at 03:58 AM
Do you get this message while in Command Prompt? When you type list disk, is the WD drive listed or is unknown. Try using these commands:
Diskpart
List volume
Select volume n (n must the number of the volume)
Assign letter =L (or any letter you like)

Please tell me if there is any progress. Have you tried contacting the WD support?