-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020
-
Hello,

Download app in Vista not working. Shows up in download folder, but will not open. It just keeps duplicating in folder...

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Then it's not a Windows EXE file.
This answer from xpcman has been of no value whats-so-ever. If xpcman thinks he is helping my plea for help, he is badly mistaken and should refrain from answering any more pleas for help!

I need need a solution for solving my download program in Windows Vista 32 bit OS, in Chrome. The download folder displays the file, however, when I press "Open" it just keeps repeating and repeating.... A friend suggested that I uninstall/reinstall Google Chrome.. Please advise..
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020
14,808 > Don
Hold on here! Xpcman's answer was based on the very little information you provided as a matter of a fact your request is difficult to understand. I would have answered the same as Xpcman. Xpcman is one of the best on this forum.

Specifically what download app were you referring to, certainly it must have a name? There is no such thing as a download programme, just a default download folder.

What is it that your are trying to press ? Do you mean press or click ? What is it that you have downloaded and from where? What is it that keeps repeating?

If you wish help, you must clearly and completely explain the issue with all the pertinent details.

Regards
Ambucias
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020

Hi Ambucias,
Thanks for your reply to my message of 6/06/2016. I will do my best to explain this most perplexing issue... OS = Windows Vista 32bit.
Browser = Google Chrome. "Default Download Folder". Trying to download a theme, an eBook, an application. The downloads do appear in the default download folder, however when I click on Open nothing happens. More recently, when I try and download anything the download just keeps on repeating. To stop this repeating, I have to completely shut down the action. What ever has downloaded shows up in the Default Download Folder with the name of the file and a (1) or (2) after the file name... If I don't stop this action, there could be as many as 25 repetitions in the download folder. I have since completely deleted the entire default download folder (it is now blank). Can you please provide a remedy for this...

Don
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020
14,808 > Don
Can you please give the full names of the files with their extension.
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020

eBooks/Allergies/Allergies/Allergies_articles/html/skin_allergies.html

euphoria theme.wp

jxpinstall.exe
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020
The app you are trying to run will only for on mobiles such as tablets.