Installing Linux Studio

Closed
codare Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday July 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2016 - Jul 5, 2016 at 11:36 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 6, 2016 at 05:12 PM
Hi all

I've downloaded Linux Studio but cannot figure out how to install it ...
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 5, 2016 at 05:12 PM
So, turn the data into an ISO disk, set your BIOS to boot from CD, and put it into your CD player. Then reboot, and you are on your way to making a boat anchor!
codare Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday July 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2016
Jul 5, 2016 at 06:43 PM
sorry ... my only response to that is "huh?"
I'm completely at sea here ... too many acronyms
Blocked Profile
Jul 6, 2016 at 04:44 PM
Are you trying to build a linux ubuntu machine? If so, you have to take that data, and convert it to an ISO (bootable) disk. "ISO 9660 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), defines a file system for CD-ROM media."

Then once you have converted it to an ISO, you need to get into BIOS. Your PC make and model is dependant on what button to push to get into BIOS. Or, put the disk in and see if it prompt to boot from disk. You will more than likely have to get into BIOS and tell your machine to boot from CD-ROM!

Then after reboot, you should see a prompt that says HIT F2 to boot from disk, press F2.

Once you spin that disk, your other OS will go away (if you don't have your disks partitioned correctly)!

codare Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday July 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 6, 2016
Jul 6, 2016 at 04:50 PM
ah ... no ... i have an ASUS F7L with Linux (Mint) installed.
I have downloaded a software called Linux Sound studio from CCM (http://ec.ccm2.net/www.commentcamarche.net/download/files/lmms-1.0.2-win32.exe but cannot see how to install it.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Blocked Profile
Jul 6, 2016 at 04:59 PM
I am sorry for causing confusion! I cannot locate that installation in English, so I cannot assist, please forgive me once again.

Jul 6, 2016 at 05:07 PM
we seem to be in a dead end!
do you know of a sound recording/editing software, compatible with Linux that is not too expensive?
It's for recording short monologues and making sound tapes for theatre shows.
And also how one installs downloaded software into a machine running linux OS
Thanks again
Blocked Profile
Jul 6, 2016 at 05:12 PM
Typically, in a Linux build, there is a built in APP store. Have you browsed that yet?

You will need to know command line syntax to mount a file and install it. I encourage you to be patient, as there are other experts with this type of work around!