Usb ports stopped working

Closed
goatboy5 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2009 - Apr 29, 2009 at 08:05 PM
 moamh - May 2, 2009 at 03:49 PM
Hello,

i've use PNY technologies USB drives on my current computer for many years without any problems, but about 2 weeks ago the ports stopped recognizing any of the USB drives for no appearent reason. the USB dirves stopped showing up in MY COMPUTER, but they work in anyother computer i have tried them in. What should i do?? please help!!!!
Related:

2 responses

subzero00 Posts 26 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 10
Apr 30, 2009 at 04:37 AM
hi,
try to do a system restore to a date where everything was working fine and see if it works.
or else try to update the firmware of your motherboard.
hi,

I really need help, i have the same problem. I have had my pc for a long time, everyting was working perfectly. Suddenly this weekend all USB prots stopped working and one of the CPU's is always at 50% which is used by a process called "System". I have tried everything that i have found online but nothing works :s I tried to unistall the USB hubs and restart and I still had the same problem.

So i thought it might be time for a format and a new Windows XP.

I formated my pc and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP SP3. I still have the same problem. Non of the USB ports is working and and "System" process is still using 50% of the CPU.

I have an AMD 3200+ with 2gb ram.

Can someone please help.

Thanks