Yahoo mail Sign in not working

Closed
Caleb - Sep 11, 2016 at 02:45 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 13, 2016 at 04:14 AM
Whenever I enter my email and password, I am unable to login because Yahoo thinks that I need to reset my password. I was unable to update my recovery email (which I no longer have access to) because it wouldn't even let me sign in to do that much. This security feature is so great that it even blocks out the rightful owner of the account! It's very frustrating being unable to sign in to the many things connected to my email that I thought I could trust.
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 11, 2016 at 04:43 PM
Hi

I believe that the security feature in question is excellent. Yahoo wants to make sure you are the rightful account owner.

You are the one who is at fault ! You omitted to update your account while you had access to it.

Now, when you created the account, did you register a secret question which you remember?

Regards
The email account I used as a backup was an email of my mother's. She stopped using the email without my information, and has since lost the password. Which is, of course, my fault for not asking her about it on a regular basis to ensure I wouldn't get locked out of an account I had a password to. There's a strong chance I answered some security questions when I made the account, but I've had it for long enough that I don't remember for 100% certainty.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 13, 2016 at 04:14 AM