Hard Drive is not detected in installation of window 7

Closed
saddiquebaba - Sep 30, 2016 at 04:02 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 30, 2016 at 09:50 AM
Hello,

I have installed window 7 64bit and then parallel install linux. but window is not working properly. i want to install window again but hard drive is not detected. please help me

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 30, 2016 at 09:50 AM
Hi Saddiquebaba,

Please check if the hard drive is correctly recognized in BIOS. If it is, but the hard drive does not appear during the Windows installation, restore BIOS to its default settings and try again. I would also recommend you to try installing Windows using another bootable device.
Another thing you should try is to delete the Windows partition and create a new partition while using Linux. Run the installation process and check if the new partition is recognized. Install Windows. Once the process is completed, you may need to use a Linux drive to repair the Grub.
If the hard drive is not listed even after a new partition is created, you may need to format it completely, wiping the Linux installation and do a fresh Windows installation.

If you have the option, test the drive on another PC in order to confirm its normal functionality.

Hope this helps

Western Digital Representative