Acer Laptop keeps Re-Starting

Closed
Maximus - Sep 30, 2016 at 04:31 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 30, 2016 at 07:57 AM
Hello,

My laptop is acer I5..
upgraded to windows 10 few months ago..
Now it has another upgrade that takes an hour but still unfinish..
Since i was so sleepy, I forcibly turned it off..
When i turned on the following day, it cannot boot successfully..
it keeps restarting even after a few hours still restarting..
Restarting.. Restarting.. Restarting..
What can i do? Pls help..
Thank You

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 30, 2016 at 05:55 AM
Hello Maximus,

The reason for the restart of the laptop is that there is a problem with the booting file of the system. The shutdown that has been made most probably interrupted the update of some critical boot archives and now the system cannot find them.
My advice is to find a bootable media – no matter if it is a USB stick or a CD and try to boot from them. The bootable media must contain the installation archives of your operating system. Please, beware that depending on the type of processor that youre PC has, you have to make the same bootable drive with that version of OS – for example - a 64 bit-processor requires 64-bit version of Windows.

Hope that I gaved you an idea.
He Ky_wd,

Im very thankful for your reply..
Honestly im not a well versed I.T, person..
You have a point that the system maybe cannot find the boot archives..
But those bootable media that you mentioned, i dont understand..
I dont have something that has an installation archives :(
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Maximus
Sep 30, 2016 at 07:57 AM
Hey,

Don't worry! :) It could be fixed, but you have to find a bootable flash with the .iso file of Windows. The best way to do that is to find a PC with the same operating system as your laptop has. The Microsoft's knowledge base has something for your case, I think. ;) Take a look here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool I hope that it would be helpful.
If your laptop is out of warranty, you could take out the drive and connect it to another PC. There, you could extract the data while connected the disk via SATA-USB adaptor to the PC.
If you feel unsure how to proceed with the trouble shooting, my suggestion is to bring the laptop to a PC company to do the appropriate tests.

Cheers.