Please insert a disk drive into (D:).

Closed
annoyed_user - Oct 12, 2016 at 10:54 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Oct 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM
I was recently torrenting something directly onto a flash drive. The torrent was going really slowly on the current wifi and I decided to cancel the torrent. I don't remember the exact order, but I canceled the torrent and pulled out my flash drive so I could restart it when I got home to better wifi. Once I got home I inserted the flash drive into my laptop, but to my confusion my laptop was not recognizing the device. When I insert the drive the (D:) shows up in "This PC", but there is no storage marker under the drive (usually there is to measure the storage on a flash drive). I've tried formatting the drive but it says there is no disk in that drive. I try ejecting it and I get a windows notification that it's been ejected, but when I unplug and reinsert it my laptop still doesn't recognize the drive.

I checked the "device management" program on windows and the drive shows but it says "no media" where it should specify the amount of storage available on the drive.

Can someone please help me determine if I can somehow save the drive?

Thanks,
Annoyed
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Hello Annoyed,

Did you try to format the pendrive? You could use the standart Windows tool or a third party program? You could check them over the Internet. Besides that, there's an option you could use and it's called Linux Live CD. If you go to the Ubuntu forum, you can see the steps how to make a bootable flash. Once you have downloaded the .iso file, change the boot priority on the computer where the USB is placed. It is done through the BIOS and you must change the boot priority to be from USB ports and not the HDD. When it boots from the PC, you have to click on try option and not on the option to install the OS.

Let me know if that helped you. Cheers.