Flash drive issue

Closed
Rycky - Oct 26, 2016 at 07:23 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 26, 2016 at 08:08 AM
Hello,

I'm having issues with my flash drive. it worked fine until i tried to connect to the internet via ethernet. after solving the infamous network cable unplugged issue, my flash drive is not recognised anymore.
i tried system restore. no help.
i have an hp desktop, win xp sp2 . when i go to disk management the drive F: doesnt appear and the stick is plugged in. please help

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 26, 2016 at 08:08 AM
Hi Ricky,

Please test the flash drive on another PC. Does the issue appear there too? If so, open device Manager and check if the drive is listed there, under USB devices. Uninstall the drive, restart the PC and plug the flash drive back in. Can you see some automatic installation process? Go back to Disk Management and check if the drive has appeared. If it is still missing, run the Command Prompt as an Administrator and type the following commands:

Diskpart
List disk

Check if the drive is listed there.

Hope this helps