My Acer laptop E5-575G won't boot

Closed
OG - Oct 28, 2016 at 09:20 PM
kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 - Oct 31, 2016 at 06:20 AM
I cannot find out what's the problem. When I push power button led light turns on but nothing shows on screen.

It's not a ram issue as I already replaced it. I did push battery reset button but it didn't solve it either.

What's really making me mad is that it sometimes turn on..... everything goes well if it turns on. Works well even if I reboot several times. But if I take a nap and try to turn on the compuyer, same thing happens again.

Can anybody find what's the problen?
Related:

1 response

kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 2
Oct 31, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Hi OG,

Remove the power plug from the laptop, remove the battery. Press and hold the power up button for about 15 to 20 seconds. Put the power plug into the laptop. Does it start up right away?

Put the battery back, shut down and power up a few times. If everything works fine now and keeps working you'll be fine.

Also use the acer update tool to check if there are any bios updates for this model, if so install them.

Now if after updating to the latest bios this problem still persists. Check your warranty asap, and return it to ACER. If it still comes back, you either have a faulty motherboard or an issue with IC that holds the firmware. ACER needs to replace the motherboard in this case, and will if the device is still under warranty.

Best of luck,

kmi187