Qwerty keyboard types numbers; HP EliteBook 8570p, Windows 7 64b

Closed
tommyo22 - Oct 30, 2016 at 03:26 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 30, 2016 at 04:40 PM
Hello,
I have an HP EliteBook8570p for several years. It has a full qwerty keyboard plus a separate number keyboard on the right of the qwerty keyboard. Just this week the keyboard function changed. Normally pressing the Number lock key (when lit) caused the number keyboard to type numbers instead of the direction arrows and home/end/pg up/ pg dn functions when the num lk was off. This was fine and it worked like this since new.

Now pressing the Number lock key causes keys on the qwerty keyboard to type numbers. The u,I,o,j,k,l keys now type 4,5,6,1,2,3. It was not like this before.
I was always able to type letters on the qwerty keyboard and numbers on the smaller number keyboard while the num lk key was selected and its light was on.

I compared drivers and keyboard setting to another identical computer and they are the same. The other computer works the way I describe at the start.
Also Function/Prnt Screen no longer copies the screen.

Any ideas? Any help? Please and thank you.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 30, 2016 at 04:40 PM
Hi

Try an external keyboard and see if the issue duplicates.