-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
-
Hello,

I deactivated my yahoo account, but it's still allowing me to access and send, receive emails. how can I delete so there's no access?

Related:

9 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
These instructions should work:

https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Yahoo%21-Accounts
I've done all i could to deactivate, following the instructions recommended here, but I still have access to the account. They say it will be deleted in 90 days. Does that mean I can still use it for those 90 days and 90 days from now it will be deleted. I tried this in May, five months ago and it told me it was deactivated, but I still had access.

I want to make it disappear completely.

What do I do?

Thanks
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Do not use it.
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020

Do not use what? How do I get rid of the account?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Close your account, see how here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2044.html
This does not work. Account is still activated despite it telling me that it has been terminated. You keep giving me the same answer - to go to a site that tells me to do the same thing over and over.
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Please keep calm, I am just trying to help and CCM has no relations with Yahoo recently purchased by your Internet Service Provider Verizon.

I just noticed that the same Yahoo bug is reoccurring, many of their links don't work anymore and that has been the case for quite sometime.

We at CCM cannot in some cases update our faqs or create new ones.

In your case I get this link:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27925.html?impressions=true

I wonder how you managed to try to deactivate your account because Yahoo does not usually offer that option, only Facebook does.
that doesn't help. Yahoo does offer account termination and you provided the link to do it.
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Tell me what you have done to deactivate your account for 90 days ?

I am suspecting a security issue.
I went to this page and did everything I was asked to do - 4 times.
https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user?.scrumb=ICwxhD.28HU&.scrumb2=dgVVLW1gpcJ
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Yes! It's the same security issue, since 2014, Yahoo has a huge bug and they have not updated their "Help Central links"

Hey try this and let me know

1) Sign in to your account

2) Go to the ‘account termination’ link

To find this, click the ‘Help’ link at the bottom-right corner of the page. Then click on the ‘My Account’ link at the bottom of that help page. Once on the ‘My Account’ page select ‘Register or delete account’, then click ‘closing your Yahoo account’ and click into the ‘account termination’ link from there.

3) re-enter login details

You’ll need to enter your login details again. This is to make sure someone else closing your account for you if you unintentionally left your email open on another computer.

4) Account notification termination

Deleting your Yahoo account will also take away your access to all Yahoo services including Yahoo Mail, Flickr, contacts and others. Obviously make sure you unsubscribe from any paid services before deleting your account otherwise you could still be charged.

5) Re-enter your password

You’ll need to confirm that you want to delete the account by re-entering your password after reading the account notification termination page. You will also need to fill out the CAPTCHA to prove you’re a human. Click yes to delete the account.

It is worth noting that Yahoo will keep your details on file for another 90 days and the deletion process cannot be reversed.

Do not use or try access your account for 90 days and it will be deleted, I swear or my name is Trump, ...I mean Mudd.
So it sounds like I'm going to have to wait 90 days to determine whether this works it not?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
I suggest you go through the procedure above again because you have accessed your account which may have thrown a spanner into the machine.

By the way, it was an immense pleasure helping you, as volunteer, all the way up in northern Canada.

P.S. I didn't have anything else to do with my time anyway, waiting to for my final breath to come.
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020

Thank you. So, it sounds like I should deactivate again, using the instructions provided, and not try accessing the acct for 90 days?

I hope that your final breath waits for at least the 90 days, so I can get back to you with the results!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
15,364 > Yahoo
Yes do not try to access your account