Macro - new sheet per name list and add template in each sheet

Closed
rfranciii Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2016 - Nov 7, 2016 at 08:51 PM
 Richie - Nov 8, 2016 at 08:16 AM
Hi all, I'm a new comer here, but looking forwards to learning and helping others!.

I am trying to create a macro that will:

1. create a new sheet and re-named based off a list I have in sheet 1 (Currently named "CLIENT_ID") and also have the name in cell A1
2. I have a template set up containing formulas in sheet 2 (Currently named "template") and I want this format and formulas to flow into each newly created sheet.

I have been trying but alas been getting no where, I am fairly new to Macros and VBA but am eager to learn.

Thank you
Richie.
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 8, 2016 at 12:18 AM
Hello Richie,

Have a look at the following link:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkwf8tr0amfqjm2/ChukieD%28create%20sheets%20from%20template%29.xlsm?dl=0

It is a test work book for a Poster I helped a couple of months ago with a very similar query to yours.

In the above test work book, there is a Template sheet and a Summary sheet. The code creates and names new sheets for each ID in Column B of the Summary sheet with each sheet being a copy of the Template. Each client name is also placed in cell A1 of each sheet. Click on the "RUN" button to see it work.

There aren't any formulae in this example but, if there were, they would all be copied over to each new sheet.

The code associated with this example is as follows:-

Option Explicit

Sub CreateSheets()

Dim wsSumm As Worksheet, wsTmp As Worksheet
    Dim shtNames As Range, N As Range

With ThisWorkbook
    Set wsTmp = .Sheets("Template")
    Set wsSumm = .Sheets("Summary")
    Set shtNames = wsSumm.Range("B2:B" & Rows.Count).SpecialCells(xlConstants)

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each N In shtNames
        If Not Evaluate("ISREF('" & CStr(N.Text) & "'!A1)") Then
          wsTmp.Copy After:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count)
            ActiveSheet.Name = CStr(N.Text)
              ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value = N.Offset(, -1).Value
              End If
         Next N
wsSumm.Select
End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Let us know what you think.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Thanks mate, I'll give this a try tomorrow morning