PC wont boot!!

Closed
Niedmann89 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 13, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2016 - Nov 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 14, 2016 at 03:14 AM
Hi there. Today my PC wont boot. The fans all work but my screen just looks like in stand by (power led is on and off and on and off all the time). I tried removing The RAMs, wiggling The cpu fan and fan conector. Im pretty sure everithing is tight up in its right place but nothing is going on...
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 14, 2016 at 03:14 AM
Hi Niedmann,

It seems you have done good job trying to solve the issue. Are you using a desktop PC? Please try it with another monitor or using a TV. Can you hear all the typical sounds coming from your PC? Are there any beeping sounds?
If the situation is the same even with another monitor, try to remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds. This way you will reset BIOS to its default settings. Reconnect the battery and try to boot again. Another thing you should try is disconnecting the power cable and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Reconnect the cable and turn on the PC.
If the issue persists, you may be facing a power supply issue. Sometimes the energy is enough to run the cooling fans but not enough to run the entire PC.

Hope this helps